Tuesday, May 24, 2011

the daily dozen

Think about it: How many beauty related products do you use everyday?
Yea.. that's what I thought, quite a list, huh? =)

I worked on this list of things that are in my daily routine and I'm going to try to stick to these 12 things for a week in order to simplify and save time :)

You might find that there's elements missing but I really wanted to go for the alliteration, so I encourage you to go pick your own list and test yourself - do you really need all that stuff you use every day?

The first step of any beauty routine should always be to clean up. You really don't wanna seal in bacteria etc underneath your make up :) My personal favourite for the everyday use is the Facial Cleansing Gel [passion fruit] from the Body Shop. It smells nice, really works and it lasts forever, I had my last bottle for about 3 months even though I use it twice a day. Once a week or so I like to use the L'Oreal perfect clean as a deep-cleaning peeling. I was a bit sceptical about that "clean pod" at first but now I really like it. You should try it some time.


 
Just as important, especially after washing your face, is giving your skin the moisture it needs. Ladies, it's all about moisture! Make sure to use a good day cream in the morning to protect your face from any unwanted dry spots and premature aging (ew - we definitely do not want that^^). For that extra touch of protection, pick a cream with at least a SPF 10 - all year round!


I would love to be that person who gets away with wearing just a bit of tinted moisturizer but I do need my concealer and foundation. I love my perfect match foundation, and the Garnier roll on is the perfect under-eye concealer if you ask me. And powder, oh do I adore finding a great powder which covers your shine but doesn't make you look cake-y. My personal favourite is the L'Oreal Studio Secrets setting powder. Applied lightly it makes for a very natural look.


I used to think blush was just another thing to spend money on you don't really need, but I've been converted. A great blush can change your entire look! While the general peachy tones are always popular and go with all skin tones, everyone should find their own perfect colour.


 
I think we all know how much contouring can change your look, but let's be honest who has the time and energy to do that every morning? Plus I really prefer less product on my face on a general basis. A good highlighter applied on the right spots will still give you the desired effect plus a healthy glow.


I really don't think I need to say much about mascara, do I? :) I really like trying new ones, so I rarely buy the same type twice in a row, there's just so many different ones out there, I don't wanna miss out on anything :D


Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge fan of lipsticks and glosses but when I have classes taking care of my lips is really more important, plus that way I don't have to worry about reapplying it or smudges etc. I always carry at least 2 different types of lipbalm with me - currently the Garnier lipcocoon and Burt's Bees lipbalm with pomegranate oil. 

There's a lot of people who don't want to spend money on such a tiny amount of something, but in my opinion wearing perfume can change so much. Just applying your favourite fragrance can make you so happy :) College Fashion did a great article on finding your perfect scent.


 Take care of your hands girls! We don't want to end up like Madonna, do we? Hand Cream isn't expensive and there's always room in every purse for a small tube.

Still, all about moisture! When you sleep your skin has time to regenerate so why not give it a little help? Finding a good night cream can change so much. Personally I love waking up and finding my skin left all silky and smooth =)

So how about your daily dozen? Which products make you feel like yourself?
xo, Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment