Monday, May 23, 2011

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Today after school I went to Müller in order to try some perfumes - again. Yeah, I have to admit I'm not only a nailpolish junkie but also a perfume junkie. :D
Every time I'm trying out perfumes, I always end up with the same kind.
Today my favourite was definitely Alien by Thierry Mugler.


I have tried his perfumes several times before, but I never really liked them.
Alien is composed of only four scents:

Top note:
Jasmine

Heart note: Cashmeran, Solar Accord
Base note: White Amber

Today I tried a splash on a test strip and also a splash on my wrist. I have to say, I don't like how the perfume develops on the test strip, but my wrist smells incredibly delicious. ;)
The top note of the perfume kind of stings in the first 2 seconds when you smell it, but after that when the heart note and the base note are noticeable it turns out really really good!
I think it is a perfume which could need one or two tries, but after that you're gonna love it.
It is definitely the new number one on my "wanted-list". :D
I also wanted to show you two other interesting perfumes if you like floral, oriental or gourmand notes.
The first one is my all-time-favourite. It is Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier. But you have to be careful, the Eau de Parfum smells really good while the Eau de Toilette is totally different in its scent. The Eau de Parfum has only three scents while the Eau de Toilette has - believe it or not - thirteen!


The Eau de Parfum has the following scents:


Top note:
Rose

Heart note: Orchid
Base note: Vanilla

The durability of this perfume is - like the Thierry Mugler one - incredible. You can still smell the heart and base note the next day!
The last perfume I'd like to introduce is Euphoria by Calvin Klein. I like the flacon of this perfume very much. It's not this every-day-look some perfume bottles have. :)
The scent of this one is also kind of oriental, heavy and sweet.


It is composed of several scents:


Top note:
Pomegranate, Persimmon, Lush Green Accord
Heart note: Lotus Blossom, Champaca Flower, Black Orchid
Base note: Liquid Amber, Black Violet, Cream Accord, Mahogany Wood

Well, I hope I was able to give you a brief glimpse into the world of scents.
Have a nice day and maybe you want to try one or the other of those perfumes.
xo, Kate

P.S.: While I was writing this blog entry, I could always smell Alien from my wrist sneaking into my nose and I have to say, it keeps getting better and better.
I think I have to order it from Douglas or so in the next few days. I kind of got addicted within a few hours - that's creepy! :D I think I'm Alienized. :D

1 comment:

  1. Alienized, love that :D
    Gotta go and try that one now, a.s.a.p. !

    ReplyDelete