Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I love me some...

I guess we all have our phases when we're totally obsessed with something for a week or so and then completely forget about it again :) Here's a few things I've been loving this week:

Twisted bun hairstyles:
This week has been really humid and warm so I tend to get annoyed with my long hair pretty quickly - it's just too sticky when I wear it open. Here's a cool collection of different bun styles with a twist. Some may be a bit too much, e.g. picture 4 :), but I like to get inspired so my hair doesn't just look the same everyday.

Nestor Carbonell's eyelashes:
Ah the jealousy :D I've been watching some old LOST episodes this week and I kept thinking: lashes like those are wasted on a guy! Click the photo to enlarge it, or see another close-up here. Isn't that amazing? The makeup artists on LOST actually used skin-coloured eyeliner / concealer to make his lashes look less black.. I'd love to have that problem :) 
“So, yeah, it’s something I’ve dealt with it in the past, and sometimes, makeup artists are able to diminish it…and they’re doing it on ‘Lost’ more and more…by putting a base on my eyelashes so it makes it less dark." - Nestor Carbonell [via]
He's awesome :D

Homemade Lipscrub:
I've been wearing more and more lipstick lately, so it's always super annoying to have flaky lips. Here's one of my favourite lipscrub recipes:
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of maple sirup (you can also use honey)
- 1/3 of a teaspoon of cinnamon. 
In the photos I made double the normal amount which is usually enough =)
Mix the ingredients together to get a paste. Apply this on your lips with your finger and keep rubbing it in, massaging your lips. Since the scrub is completely made of edibles you can then just lick your lips, or simply rinse it of. Repeat this a couple of times until your batch is all used up. The final step should always be to apply a good lipbalm. This will leave your lips super smooth and ready for any lipstick etc!

White nailpolish:
I really like plain old basic white nailpolish right now! The trick is to build it up in layers to make it opaque and last longer. I like to paint the tips of my nails like you would for a french manicure (only it doesn't need to be so tidy) and then apply the normal nailpolish over it. This will make the polish last longer and not chip!

Gerbera:
I usually don't have any fresh flowers in my room, only a few empty vases for decoration. However, this week my mom brought me a few gerbera flowers and I absolutely love how they're so bright. They make me smile :D
xo, Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment