Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Love You Like A Love Song

Yesterday I discovered Selena Gomez's new song "love you like a love song" and I think it's pretty catchy. What I liked most about it was the make up she's wearing in her video :D So today I decided to try and recreate one of those looks.
See the video here : LINK

I really like this look, it's so fresh! I do have to get that lipcolor [I think the color 'amped' by Sleek would be great] but today I had to improvise a bit.

 

On the eyes:
I started using a gel eyeliner (this one is from Alverde) because I find it much easier to create the shape I want with a brush than with the tip of a liquid liner. After I outlined the wing I filled in the black using the MakeUp Factory's Liquid Eye Liner (color 01 black).

On the lips:
Because I have yet to buy that gorgeous pink Selena's wearing I layered the Bourjois eau de loss (13 rose à l'eau) over MAC's Viva Glam Gaga Lipstick. You can't really see it on the photos but in reality it's almost as pink as her color :)

I also cut off about 1cm of a pair of old fake lashes I had used a couple of times already, and applied those at the outer end of my lids. You could also use a couple of single lashes to create the same effect. It looks almost as if you had a double winged eyeliner.

Apart from the fake lashes, this is a very wearable every day kind of look (I already toned it down a bit, Selena's eyeliner is really thick!) and I will definitely wear something similar again. It's quick and easy and you basically only need 3 products (lipcolor, liner, mascara), so this is perfect for summer when you don't want to wear a lot of make up.

[earrings: colours of the world // ring: Beyoncé Heat solid perfume]

No comments:

Post a Comment