Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lt. Nyota Uhura

Yea I'm a geek sometimes :)
A few days ago, I rewatched Star Trek on BluRay with my little brother, and I couldn't help but love Zoe Saldana's eyeliner, so I decided I'd give it a try.

She's wearing very obvious winged out eyeliner and dark bronze eyeshadow. The rest of her make-up is rather simple and her lips match the eyeshadow. I guess these specific colors look best when you have dark skin but that doesn't mean you can't make this look work for any other skin tone. In my case I went a few shades lighter, more into a gold, to get a similar effect.


I used MAC's Arena all over my lid and then applied the various shades from my MakeUpFactory quad [#12] to create dimension. Using my favourite eyeliner brush by essence and some black gel liner by Alverde, I created a winged line which starts all the way in the inner corner of my eye and goes out a bit lower than the usual end-of-the-eyebrow line..


On the rest of my face I used the Manhattan Luxoplolis bronzing powder and a bit of essence's shimmer powder sparkling dawn from the moonlight collection. I'm also wearing the MaxFactor lipstick in cinder and I dabbed on a bit of Corail Safran from Pierre Ricaud over it to darken the look and cover some of the extensive shine :)

Tip: For Uhura's hairstyle, gather all of you hair in a very high ponytail and then move it up an extra inch or two. Seriously, mine is pretty damn high up there and it's still nowhere near hers :)

xo, Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment