Sunday, September 18, 2011

bb.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the latest skincare trend from Asia: BB creams.
A while back Garnier came out with one of their own and I'm going to do a review for you. The cream is officially called the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily All-In-One B.B. Blemish Balm Cream. Whoo, quite a title =)
It's a product, which contains a lot of different steps in one. It hydrates your skin, it protects it (SPF 15!) and its mineral pigments give your skin a glowy sheer coverage.

The cream comes in a shiny bronze tube which holds 50ml and costs a little less than 10€.
There's two shades "light" and "medium to dark", both of which come in the exact same tube, which is why I put little stickers on the bottom to tell them apart.

About the color:
As you can see there's a pretty big difference between the two shades. I bought the dark one first because it was still pretty sunny and I figured my skin is medium dark. I gotta tell you, it's pretty dark. I mean, not to a point where you look orangy or anything but it does give you a nice bronzed look. I decided to get the light cream as well for the winter and stuff. And it's really light! If I do apply this (without using foundation afterwards) my face definitely looks lighter and I really feel like I need a bit bronzer. However my skintone is always kind of inbetween (I always have to mix two foundations) so I wasn't surprised, that for me the perfect shade is a mix of the two colors.

About the coverage:
These creams, both shades, are pretty pigmented, so you'll wanna make sure to apply them evenly and blend them out around the edges of your face, just like you would with foundation. The product does a good job covering up redness, undereye circles, smaller scars and discolorations. You'll just need some additional coverage for darker blemishes and such. If you have good skin (or just one of those oh-so-fantastic days where your skin's just miraculously clean) this cream can definitely replace your foundation, or at least make you need less product. For the past few days, I've just applied this cream and then dabbed on a bit of my mousse-foundation over it and I didn't need any concealer or powder or anything :)

In total:
I really like this cream but it is not that cheap, especially if you need both shades to get what you want. I'd recommend testing the cream first, if possible, to make sure you have the right shade. Other than that, it's a nice product, perfect for when you don't want to apply makeup, but still have your skin look nice.
I'd give this cream 4/5 stars (because the shades are really far appart, a third one would have been nice).

Hope this was helpful for those of you considering this product :)
xo, Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment