Saturday, September 10, 2011

NOTD: a ready mind

Hey ladies ,
along with those glitter polishes last week, I also got this lovely blue shatter polish that I've been dying to try! Rummaging through my nailpolish box I stumbled across this lovely bronze color and the combination immediately reminded me of Ravenclaw - in the books its actually blue/bronze while in the films they use blue/silver (that's a geeky thing to know, isn't it?)


I didn't want my nails to be too dark so I decided to only create half shatteres nails. Here's how I did that:


It's really easy.
After you applied your base cole (bronze) and let it dry completely (over night's best), use Scotch tape to cover the upper half of your nail. I chose to create an angled shape because I feel this looks better with the shattered structure. Apply your shatter polish (blue) over the tape as you would when normally painting your nails. Before removing the tape, let it dry! Shatter polishes dry quickly so you're good to go when the color's all cracked. When using regular nailpolish it's best to wait at least 2-3 minutes. Apply a topcoat and you're done :D


These are the polishes I used:
bronze: essence sun club 05 bbc golden sands
blue: essence nail art cracking top coat 03 crack me! blue

I hope you like this look, I really enjoy it and I think after this wears off I'll do the same thing with a silver base color :D
Have a great day!
♥, Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment