Thursday, November 10, 2011

Catrice Big City Life "London"

Hey lovelies!

A few days ago I kept watch for the new limited edition by Catrice - Big City Life. I was really interested in the eyeshadow palettes but unfortunately I spotted only one of them - London. Well, it wouldn't have been my first choice but I grabbed it anyway. :) The collection includes four cities - Berlin, Sydney, New York and London. They all have nice eyeshadow shades and good looking blush shades. Each palette contains six eyeshadows and two blushes. Moreover there are four nailpolish shades but I didn't like the colours that much so I didn't buy any of them.



As you can see all the colours have different names, all of them are famous London sights.


Well, the colour payoff of the eyeshadows wasn't the best, but it was decent and I really liked some of the shades like City Hall, Globe Theatre or Tower Bridge, so I was eager to try them out. But I have to say, it was a real shock for me as they wouldn't work on my eyelid. I tried to do an eye make up with Hyde Park and Globe Theatre, but both of them performed poorly. Globe Theatre began to burn as soon as I put it on my eyelid and when applying Hyde Park, I was just pushing the colour around, if you know what I mean.


Then again, I really liked both the blush shades. The colour payoff wasn't the best either but they leave a nice pink sheen on your face and you look really healthy when applying them. :)

As said before, I haven't bought the other palettes, but Lizzy will be reviewing both Sydney and New York and there will also be a guest post about the Berlin palette. So stay tuned! ;D

Have you bought anything from this collection? Did you also have some bad experiences with the London palette or did you like it? Tell me!

xo, Kate

1 comment:

  1. Perfect:) I will read all reviews. I like it so much, I think I'm going to buy it...

    ReplyDelete