Monday, December 19, 2011

concealer comparison

Hey lovelies!

I while back I bought the Instant Age Rewind Eraser from Maybelline and I figured I'd compare it to the Garnier Anti Dark Circles Roll-On which I had been using so far.


 Both of these are under-eye concealers and are available at the drugstore for less than 10€.

The main difference, I guess, is the application of these concealers. The Garnier one has a tiny metal roller ball, which works like a roll-on deodorant. The metal is cooling and instantly refreshes your eyes. The Maybelline concealer on the other hand has this little sponge on the tip through which the concealer is applied. You twist the red top of the bottle a couple of times in order to push out some of the product.


As you can see these two produce very different swatches. The Garnier concealer puts on a lot more product than the Maybelline one which is why I went looking for a new one in the first place.

I really like the consitency of the roll-on and even though it's very thin, it's highly pigmented. The product melts into the skin and makes it look very healthy. However, applied to the under-eye area the concealer tends to crease and look cakey.

Tip: I love to apply some of this on my face when I don't want to wear much (or any) fountation. The concealer adds a little bit more coverage and I really love the healthy complexion it creates :)

Now, the Maybelline concealer on the other hand is drier and the spongy applicator puts on very little product in comparison. That's enough, though! It's very pigmented and I haven't had any problems with creasing so far. 



I'm not entirely sure, as I've had it for a while, but I believe the Garnier concealer is the darker shade, while the Maybelline eraser is the lightest color (01 light).

my conclusion:
If anyone asked me to recommend an under-eye concealer, I'd probably pick the Maybelline one, but the Garnier roll-on is just such a lovely product, I'll still be repurchasing it :)

I hope this was a little bit helpful,
xo, Lizzy

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful war of concealers :)
    It's true, the Garnier roll on is darker than Maybelline's. Anyway, I was looking for a good under-eye concealer, cheap and effective, so I have discover both them. You say that both are good, so... when I go to the store I'll decide what I buy! hahaha
    Thank you so much, your blog it's the most useful!!

    ReplyDelete