Wednesday, December 21, 2011

golden holiday look

Hey lovelies!

Have you been giving your holiday makeup some thought already?
While I do like the more traditional red lip, that's not really what I'd wear for dinner with my family. That's why I did this white and gold sparkly look, inspired by this ornament I bought to decorate a present.


If you want to recreate this look:

After priming my eyes with the TooFaced Shadow Insurance, I used my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. I applied Milk on the inner 2/3 of my upper eyelid and on the inner third of the lower lid, the rest of the lids I fillled in with Yogurt. Really make sure to connect the color at the outer corners of your eyes. I used three MAC eyeshadows for this look: Cork blended into the crease, Vanilla on the inner half (and on my browbone) and Arena on the outer half of my eyes. I padded essence's mono eyeshadow 24 love me all over, it's not really pigmented but adds a nice golden shimmer to your look. For the extra sparkle I put on a bit of the Artdeco Glam Stars Shimmer Cream in Gold. I just dabbed a bit of it around the outer corners of my eyes with my finger. I also added a very thin line of the Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner in Brown. On my cheeks I used the MAC blush My Highland Honey and the Lil' Vampire Shimmer Powder from essence. Last but not least, on my lips I wore the MaxFactor lipstick 859 cinder. Oh and the mascara it the Lash Architect 4D by L'Oréal.

Tip: You might want to use some bronzer, to avoid looking too washed out.

I like makeup like this one for the holidays because it's bright and glamorous without needing too much upkeep. If you do a darker lipstick or something, you'll need to reapply it a few times, especially when there's dinner involved. With a tan lipstick however, you don't really have to, because the color will just fade away to leave your natural lipcolor. If a darker lipstick wears off, you might have weird looking residue on your lips and your overall look changes a lot, so people will probably notice the change.
Not so much with this :)

Hope you're enjoying the last few days of school/work before the holidays!
xo, Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment