Friday, January 6, 2012

essie goodies

Hey lovelies!

Me again :) A few days ago I bought my first 2 essie nailpolishes
(can't believe I haven't tried them before *shame on me*)
and they're awesome! Seriously, love them!


I picked them up at Douglas and they had a special where you got a free smoothie handcream when buying 2 or more polishes, super cool =)
The colors I bought are Cocktail Bling and Bobbing For Baubles (Kate will review that one - we both bought it) and I picked the smoothie in cranberry & tangerine. Both of the polishes are from the latest collection!


Cocktail Bling is a pretty grey with a slight purple-y undertone. Kind of reminds me of scene (mac eyeshadow) only lighter! The polish is somehow chalky and thick, which makes it dry quickly and opaque. I was absolutely fascinated with the consistency of this laquer!
Essie describes the color as 'a precious pale grey jewel' and I think that's very fitting!


The essie smoothies are not just a hand cream but also a body lotion! It's very soft and creamy. Wetter than most hand creams, really more like a body lotion. I love that it comes in a little bottle with a pump, instead of a tube or something. It's just oh so practical! I have it on my desk and use it all the time! And cranberry & tangerine smells so good! At this rate, I don't think it'll last very long :) This is perfect in the cold season when your hands need all the moisture they can get! It smells very nice and definitely worth a try. I'm not quite sure it's available everywhere, though. I think it might be exclusive to Douglas.

Watch out for Kate's review of Bobbing For Baubles 'a deepest darkest saphire'!

xo, Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. As far as I know, our Douglas stores don't sell Essie just yet, though there is another store that will soon do. How much are those there? Probably cheaper than here, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in Germany they usually sell for 7,95€ and I remember them costing about 8$ in NYC :)
      More and more stores sell essie now (at least here) so you might be able to find some soon, they truly are awesome :)

      Delete