Saturday, February 11, 2012

glittery halfmoon nails

Hey lovelies!

Sorry I've been so quiet lately, but being sick during finals kept me busy.
I have a lot of ideas for photoshoots and makeup looks though, so I'll start working on them as soon as possible!

Today I just wanted to show you my nails of the day. I just played around a bit with the halfmoon technique which I never really use. I didn't have any of those circle nail stickers so I just used some painter's tape which works just as well :)


After applying a base coat I painted my nails all over with two coats of OPI's Designer... De Better (one of my absolute favourite polishes at the moment) and then taped off the 'circle' with tape. I applied one coat of My Private Jet over it and then let it dry before removing the tape. Instead of a clear boring top coat I used Feels So Good by essence, which adds that gorgeous pink shimmer.



I gotta admit I really like the result even though my halfmoons are uneven!
I'll be doing my nails like this more often now :D

Have you ever tried this halfmoon manicure trend?
xo, Lizzy

1 comment: