Saturday, April 21, 2012

love OPI ?!

Hey lovelies!

Here the first load of stuff I got in the States: a few OPI polishes.
I mean, I have a couple of them so there's nothing all that new and exciting about the laquers per se but I just have to say: how cheap!! Here in Germany we pay 16€ for one bottle while I bought these for $8.50/$9.50.. I mean that's just unfair.
Moving on.. I picked out three shades in some supermarket (Duane Reade I think) and one glitter polish at Sephora.

The three OPIs I picked are Russian Navy, Pompeii Purple & Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI? and then I just had to buy Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild from the Sephora by OPI line.


Russian Navy
is a dark metallic blue with purple undertones and silver shine. With just one coat you can see a green-teal undertone but that vanishes with the second coat. Pompeii Purple is a bright hot pink but it has a blue shimmer to it which makes it really interesting. Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI? is from the newest LE and the lavender purple comes with a gorgeous golden shimmer, it's very cute. All three are standard OPI quality, apply smoothly and achieve great coverage on the second coat.


Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild
is a glitter topcoat. The polish itself is very very sheer but tinted purple. As you can see, you can also wear it without a base color and it builds up well when applying multiple coats. The glitter is mainly purple but some of it shimmers blue, pink or silver. I haven't tried any other polishes from this line, but based on this one I'd say the quality matches the normal OPIs.

Out of curiosity, how much are OPIs where you live?
Do you still buy them, even though they're so expensive? -I do. :)
xo, Lizzy

1 comment:

  1. Danke für deinen netten Kommentar! Ich freu mich grad voll dass dir Avengers auch so gut gefallen hat! Ah - Thor! Der Traum meiner schlaflosen Nächte hihi! Ich will ihn auf jeden Fall noch mal sehen, am besten im IMAX! :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete