Friday, June 1, 2012

a lil' bit of polish and cream

Hey lovelies :)

I just wanted to show you the two essie polishes I picked up today:

turquoise & caicos
I love this color! I've been looking at it each time I saw an essie counter recently :D I love turquoise stuff anyways and I can honestly say I have no nailpolish that even comes close to this. Blue on the nails can always be a bit tricky but I do love these colors for the summer time. I like to include it in multi-color designs or only wear it one one hand for example :)
The color is on the sheer side, so I'm wearing 3 coats. But it is very thin and applies evenly so it's not like you're packing on that much laquer.

really red
I'm working on a nail design series right now and I needed a good red for it. I really only have OPI's keys to my karma and that didn't work for that, so I picked up this one today. While the colors look similar in the bottle, this one has less pink and is a lot more opaque (one coat gives you the same coverage as two of the OPI one). If you're looking for a basic red nailpolish, this one is definitely a good choice.

I also wanted to show you the rest of the stuff I got in NY real quick - per request :)


So the water over there was a lot different than I'm used to plus it was very sunny, so my skin was super dry and I hadn't packed a lot of moisturizer. I went to Bath &Body Works and I loved it there, the selection was amazing and I got so bummed out that we don't have the store here :D
true blue mini shea butter
The sales girl was really nice and helped me find these two little guys here, the super rich body cream and the super rich shower cream. Both smell amazingly like coconut and something else I can't figure out but they remind me of being in the sun at the beach after surfing :D They are really thick and feel like they protect your skin well.
signature collection body lotion
The shop I went to had some sort of sale where you could get 3 items for 10$ so I wanted another lotion on top of the blue ones. But I couldn't decide so I went for 6 :) The scents I picked out are (from left to right) secret wonderland (strawberry, gardenia, jasmine -> very dreamy), sea island cotton (cotton, fresia, white musk -> like clean sheets fresh out of the drier), moonlight path (lavender, lily, musk -> like flowers, but not sweet and artificial, more like actual flowers) & be enchanted (pomegranate, sugared petals -> very sweet and fruity). They feel and act like normal bodylotions, I like using them :)
moisturizers
All the makeup I bought at Sephora actually entitled me to some goodies from their point-reward system so I picked out these two. The origins starting over is a very nice product, which I've been using a lot lately because it smells really nice (fruity but not too much) and you can really feel your skin soaking it up and being so much more moisturized afterwards (not like other creams which vanish without actually doing anything). The other one is the sephora instant moisturizer which I've only tried once because it's so tiny, but I did like it. The skin felt very smooth after using it and though it was a bit sticky when applying it, that completely vanished after a minute or two.

That's it for today :)
We already started assembling some of the stuff for our upcoming giveaway, so stay tuned!
Have a lovely weekend!

xo, Lizzy

PS: We both love instagram, so we signed up an extra account for this blog as well! Follow us
for nails of the day, post-previews and just fun make-up stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment