Sunday, August 19, 2012

eotd: bright blue & smokey

I've been in a more colorful mood these days, probably because it's been super warm and sunny :)
This is a color combination I've been lately - turquoise and green as the main colors accompanied by (almost) black and (almost white) shadows.
The look really focuses on the blue but the green in the crease as an additional pop of color makes it a lot more fun, I think :)


I used mainy MAC shadows but the colors are relatively basic so you could easily achieve this combination with any brand's shadows. I started by using Mylar on my inner corners over Max Factor Kohl Kajal in 090 Natural Glaze or any other nude/white pen. Next I applied Zingy on the center of my lid. I love this shadow because it's matte and depending on the light can look like either a bright blue or a darker greenish turquoise hue. I used a fluffy brush to apply Humid along my crease and in the outer corners. With an angled brush I created a wing with Print but went over it with a cheap shadow. Only the grey would have been too light but using a good (as in well-pigmented) black straight away would have been too dark for this. The cheaper shadow works well to darken a grey base like this. Afterwards I tapped on a bit more of Zingy to really make it pop :)
I lined my waterline with Artdeco's Soft Eye Liner waterproof 23 (aqua blue) and smudged 10 (black) from the same line on my upper waterline and between the lashes. I really love these liners!
Lastly I used a bit of liquid eyeliner to line my lashes but only because I applied half a strip of falsies. Without them I would have just stuck with the black kajal. Some Mascara on top and that's it :)
Oh, on my face I only used some matte bronzer (p2 deep water love aqua splash duo bronzer 010 sun kissed) and a bit of (also matte) blush (MAC Mocha). I highlighted my brow/cheekbones with the MakeUpFactoy Skin Luminizer, but I only used a little bit. On my lips I dabbed a bit of an agnes b. lipstick (corail pĂȘche) in the middle and then smudged it out.

Have a lovely Sunday!
xo, Lizzy

PS: Sorry today's pics are so blurry.. I forgot my camera and had to use my phone :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look!
    And what a fantastic blog!!
    Definitely subscribing :)
    http://out-of-liner.blogspot.com.au/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! That's very sweet :)

      Delete