Monday, August 6, 2012

notd: white picket fence

Hey lovelies!
Another nail design today :)

I seriously have no idea why I did this particular design,
maybe because I've have the Suburgatory theme song stuck in my head lately.. hmm :)
I finally found inspiration in this picture and this is what I ended up with:


The design is pretty easy actually and you don't have to work too accurately, but I think it's kinda cute :)

This is how I did it:
● Apply your favourite base coat and let it dry.
● Use a blue polish of your choice all over until it's opaque (2 coats in my case).
● Draw parallel lines with a french-tip laquer from about 2/3 of your nails to the tip.
● Add two lines crossing the others. I rounded them according to the tips of my nails.
● Take a brush and draw the grass on your tips. I like to use an old eyeliner brush for this :)

the colors I used
● base coat: essie rock solid
● white: Manhattan pro french tip whitener
● green: catrice 810 ACid/DC & (mixed) p2 249 dangerous

Have a great day!
xo, Lizzy

1 comment: